Enterprise PCs are behind the times. As people become more reliant on connectivity, convenience, and speed from their personal smartphones and tablets, they are demanding the same from their work PCs as well. Millennials have their own expectations about work and devices for work. Workplaces are enabling, and even encouraging, more mobility. And new interface and usage models proliferate. Companies need new PCs to address the new workplace. Enterprises should consider upgrading their fleets of Enterprise PCs at a faster pace than previously. Recent hardware improvements make new Enterprise PCs even more attractive than the current average 5 year old installed base. Many of these improvements are a result of introduction of the new Intel Skylake processor and many of the platform improvements that come along with it.
You can download the paper here.
- Workplace Trends: Demanding More from PCs
- Hardware Improvements Help Meet New Demands
- Technologies Improving Mobility in the Workplace
- Connectivity Technologies Improving the User Experience
- Design & Form Factor Improving Perception & Experience
- Responsiveness & Performance Improve Overall Experience
- Call to Action
- Figure 1: Putting the Pieces Together