The Internet of Things (IoT) is real. Though much of what is written regarding the IoT focuses on “future” applications, Moor Insights & Strategy (MI&S) believes that today real solutions are available to enterprises to solve problems and enhance their business. These solutions allow enterprises to unlock the potential of data they already have from existing machine-to-machine (M2M) and private networks as well as new data that can be gathered and aggregated to increase efficiency, reduce risk, improve customer experience, and create new revenue streams and business models for their specific applications. This process of applying technology to change business activities, processes, and models can also be referred to as Digital Transformation, which many businesses see as the next wave of change impacting industries large and small.
You can download the paper here.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- What is the IoT Really About?
- Buying an IoT Solution
- Dell Technologies: An IoT Powerhouse
- The Industry’s Broadest IoT Infrastructure Portfolio
- Experience & Credibility
- A Curated Partner Ecosystem
- A World-Class Customer Experience
- Call to Action
- Figure 1: Where Information Technology & Operations Technology Overlap
- Figure 2: Dell Technologies Overview
- Figure 3: Dell Technologies IoT Portfolio
- Figure 4: Dell Technologies IoT Ecosystem
- Figure 5: Dell Blueprint for Predictive Maintenance
- Figure 6: Dell Blueprint for Improving Facilities Management Through ADR
- Blue Pillar
- Dell Technologies
- Industrial Internet Consortium
- Open Connectivity Foundation
- OpenFog Consortium
- Software AG