The way companies think about data is changing dramatically—from exponential increases in the amount of available data to the way in which it is structured and used. How effectively a company turns its data into actionable insights is now seen as a competitive differentiator. A new class of data-intensive applications has emerged to allow organizations to effectively process, analyze, and store all of their available data. Data-intensive applications require a paradigm shift in the way the industry thinks about storage, because traditional storage solutions do not provide the flexibility, scalability, or performance to align with these needs. Leading vendors are responding with new solutions to align with this new generation of workloads, a range of hybrid cloud deployment options, and enhancements in intelligent systems management capabilities.
You can dowload the paper here.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Market Trends
- Vendor Directions to Address Market Needs
- Cisco’s Strategy for Data-Intensive Computing
- Cisco UCS S3260 Storage Server Overview
- Potential TCO Benefits of UCS S-Series Over Public Cloud
- Future Market Direction & Potential Opportunities
- Call to Action
- Figure 1: Storage Solution Approaches Today
- Table 1: Data-Intensive Workloads & Characteristics
- Figure 2: Cisco UCS 3000 Solution Attributes
- Figure 3: TCO Comparison: Cisco UCS S-Series vs Amazon S3
- Pure Storage