The home network, the role of internet service providers (ISPs), and consumers themselves have evolved and changed enormously over the past 25 years. At the dawn of the Internet age, broadband access was typically hardwired to a single point in a home, near a desktop PC and cable modem. Other PCs or notebooks in the home could not access it.
Click on the logo here to download the paper:
Table Of Contents
- The Home Network And ISP Infrastructure Landscape
- The Problems That ISPs Face
- OpenSync: A New Framework Whose Time Has Come
- What Problems Does OpenSync Solve?
- OpenSync’s Technical Underpinnings
- Founding OpenSync Partners
- Figure 1: The Evolution Of The Smart And Managed Home
- Figure 2: OpenSync Core Capabilities
- Bell Canada
- Liberty Global
- Shaw Communications