Despite the fact that both 4G and 5G network topologies are IP-based and backend compatible, the transition to next-generation wireless wide area networking (WWAN) brings with it a host of operator, carrier, telecom equipment, chipset, and OEM device manufacturer challenges. Among them, network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN) deployment to support:
- Network slicing and new service monetization opportunities
- Core to edge computing aimed at improving quality of service (QoS)
- On-going operational support for the adoption of open source platforms aimed atimproving agility as well as lowering operating expense (OpEx)
- A growing demand for white box infrastructure that can support multipleworkloads aimed at lowering capital expense (CapEx).
Table Of Contents:
- Executive Summary
- Why Is Interoperability Important?
- Consider National Instruments For 5G Interoperability
- Call To Action
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Linux Foundation
- National Instruments
- Spirent Communications