Cloud architectures require data protection services designed from the ground up to meet the unique demands of the cloud environment. Using tools designed for on- premises workloads to address the unique needs of a cloud deployment can lead to unwanted (and often unexpected) cost and complexity.
There is a gap between data protection tools designed for the traditional data center and solutions that provide a fully integrated cloud-native experience across a range of cloud services. Nowhere is this gap more evident than with Amazon Relational Database Services (Amazon RDS).
You can download the paper by clicking on the logo below:
Table Of Contents:
- Cloud Is A Reality
- Data Protection Challenges For Today’s IT Organization
- Amazon RDS Snapshots
- Clumio’s Cloud-Native Data Protection Services
- Concluding Thoughts
- Table 1: Essential Elements For Data Protection
- Table 2: Stakeholder Challenges
- Figure 1: Snapshots & Shapshot Managers Drive Cost & Complexity
- Figure 2: Clumio Integrated Dashboard
- Figure 3: Clumio Backup As A Service For AWS RDS
- Figure 4: Granular Record Retrieval
- Figure 5: Clumio Cost VS Snapshot-Based Approaches