Ampere announcing its AmpereOne today is an important one. My observations:
- Risk-averse enterprises should be more comfortable with V2 (One) vs. V1 (Altra)
- 192 ST custom cores focused on modern cloud workloads (less/no on legacy OS, Middleware, Apps). This is the kind of perf CSPs want.
- Expecting exceptional rack-PPW for modern cloud workloads (VM density, Stable Diffusion V2, Pytorch DLRM cited versus Intel SPR 8480, AMD Genoa 9654).
- Big & important power draw implications.
- Adds the most popular Bfloat16 acceleration.
- Adds interesting, new scaling, unique CSP, and security features.
- Simple message: MORE: “more cores, more IO, more memory, more performance, more
- Ampere Altra remains a very capable lower core count solution.