Microsoft’s new operating system, Windows 10, offers gamers new opportunities to stream games and content from their Xbox One to their PCs. This functionality is unique to Windows 10 and requires a certain set of parameters to be met. One of these parameters is ample PC hardware to perform the appropriate decoding for a smooth, high- quality game streaming experience. AMD’s newest 6 notebooks—codenamed Carrizo and launched in June 2015—features a special video decoder capable of decoding HD video such as Xbox One game streams efficiently, smoothly, and with very high quality. This report looks at how AMD’s 6 Processor notebooks are positioned to fulfill the needs of an Xbox One gamer streaming games to a PC.
- The Prevalence of Game Streaming Today
- Microsoft’s Xbox One Streaming to Windows 10
- Xbox One’s Architectural Similarities to AMD’s 6th Generation Processors
- Carrizo’s Design is Optimized for Streaming & Battery Life
- AMD’s 6th Generation Processor is Designed for Gaming
- Call to Action
You can download the paper here.