I hope you all had a great few weeks!
This week, I attended IntelON and an analyst event (with Matt and Paul). I also attended WebexONE and watched Movandi at MWC LA. Will moderated a panel at the AT&T Business Summit and attended MWC Los Angeles. Steve attended Energy Drone & Robotics Summit and REMOVE AT&T Business Summit.
Next week, I will be attending Oracle Live, and MSFT Ignite (with Matt). Melody will be attending The Most Powerful Women in Banking. Will plans to attend MVNO World Berlin.
Over the last three weeks, our MI&S team published 55 deliverables:
The press quoted us with 43 citations. Journalists wanted to hear about Amazon, AMD, Apple, Dell, Edge, Facebook, Google, HP, IBM, Metaverse, Micron, Netapp, NVIDIA, Pure Storage, T-Mobile, Qualcomm, Rakuten Symphony, Samsung, Valve, Verizon, and VMware.
A.I./Machine Learning (Paul Smith-Goodson)
- Abacus.AI has raised $50 million in a new round of funding. The funding was co-led by Tiger Global, Coatue, Index Ventures, and Alkeon Ventures. Abacus.AI has raised a total of $90.3 million. It has a large customer base using its MLOps platform for large and small companies. It can process data, transform it, and then create DL models for real-time contextual predictions. It is a one-stop, end-to-end AI service.
AR/VR (Anshel Sag)
Carrier/Wireless (Will Townsend)
- Mobile World Congress Los Angeles occurred the last week of October. From my perspective, the event was light on groundbreaking 5G announcements, with one exception. Movandi made several announcements that I believe further its momentum with mmWave deployment. The company announced silicon support for additional spectrum bands, a new phased array antenna module, and enhancements to its BeamXR repeater portfolio. Movandi claims that it delivers mmWave solutions that provide ten times the performance at 1/10 the cost of competing alternatives. If the company can deliver on that promise, it could reap the benefits with operators globally.
- Storage- (Steve McDowell)
- Networking- (Will Townsend)
- Juniper Networks reported 3Q earnings the last week of October. I continue to be impressed with its financial performance in the enterprise market. Enterprise has long been a challenge for the networking infrastructure provider. Still, investments in automation and impactful artificial intelligence capabilities with its Mist Systems acquisition boosted margins and grew top-line revenue.
- Server- (Matt Kimball)
FinTech (Melody Brue)
- PayPal is in talks with Pinterest to buy the social media company for $45B, pointing to PayPal’s ambitions of becoming a Super App. Pinterest is great for product discovery and is a way for PayPal to capture more e-commerce growth and advertising revenue while also entering the social media space. The deal would be one of the biggest internet deals since Salesforce acquired Slack and will also be the largest purchase of a social media company since Microsoft’s acquisition of LinkedIn for $26.2 billion in 2016.
- ProShares launched its bitcoin futures Exchange-traded fund (ETF). Cryptocurrency enthusiasts have celebrated the launch as it indicates more mainstream cryptocurrency financial products could be approved by the SEC and other regulatory bodies. The ProShares ETF invests in bitcoin futures contracts and doesn’t hold bitcoin. Anyone with a brokerage account can invest in an ETF, but futures trading is a more complex transaction than typical retail investments made on fintech apps and trading platforms. While the ETF’s fees (.95% annual expense ratio) are higher than that of a mutual fund or other ETFs, the exposure to bitcoin could be less risky than holding the cryptocurrency itself. For investors warry about hacking or other security risks associated with holding crypto, such as private keys, passwords, or cold storage, a professionally managed fund could be attractive enough to pay the higher fees rather than directly holding the assets. However, the costs can add up over time to be significant in a buy and hold situation, making a direct purchase via Coinbase or other crypto exchanges, which often charge a one-time fee more attractive.
- Affirm, and American Airlines announced a deal to offer Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) financing for travel. Coming out of the pandemic, the BNPL players that have expanded outside of traditional e-commerce will get ahead. A company press release regarding the deal states that Affirm will be AA’s exclusive BNPL option. Still, the airline already accepts PayPal as a payment option, which users can split into four payments per its usual terms. This deal is a big win for Affirm as it excludes the likes of Klarna and Afterpay as payment options with American, but with major credit card companies offering their version of BNPL, people now have so many choices of how and when they choose to pay. Coming out of the pandemic and with travel to other countries opening up, 74% of people expect to travel and spend more on travel this holiday season than they ever had in the past, yet 60% are concerned they can’t afford it (according to Affirm data). People have become accustomed to flexibility in paying for durable goods primarily bought from home during the pandemic. The industry has to evolve to give consumers the same flexible payment options for travel, entertainment, and in-store experiences. 27% of Affirm’s pandemic-timing revenue was from Peloton bikes. People were stuck at home. Now that people can travel again I think travel could easily surpass that number.
- Plaid, the technology company that connects financial data to apps and services, released The Fintech Effect 2021: Fintech’s Mass Adoption Moment study showing fintech has reached mass adoption. The report shows “more people now use fintech than video streaming services (78%) and social media (72%), placing fintech among the most widely adopted consumer technologies outside of the internet (93%).” The study also showed that 88% of US consumers use technology to manage their finances, saving time and money. 73% reported fintech helps make smarter decisions, and 71% said it reduces financial stress. Millennials report 95% overall adoption, but Baby Boomers are the fastest-growing segment as their use doubled YOY to 79%.
- Austin-based mortgage tech platform UpEquity raised $50 million in Series B equity and debt funding. The platform allows homebuyers to make all-cash offers on homes to compete with institutional investors who have spent $77 billion in six months on single-family homes. The company’s cash offer product is free to users since revenue is tied to its mortgage arm or commissions earned from brokering or selling the note. UpEquity CEO Tim Herman acknowledged in our briefing that the industry is littered with bad actors, and the company faces some industry-related reputation hurdles. However, the company remains focused on helping people fulfill the American dream, which he says for some is “the only avenue of creating wealth.” UpEquity forecasts more than $1 billion in originations over the next 12 months.
IIoT and IoT (Bill Curtis)
Personal Computing/ Collaboration (Anshel Sag)
Quantum Computing (Paul Smith-Goodson)
- At last, Amazon has decided to embark on the road to building a quantum computer. It seems like Amazon would have been one of the first to tackle the task rather than one of the last big companies to commit. It has also chosen to build it using superconducting qubits, and IBM has plowed a lot of ground already for that technology. According to its press release, fast gate speeds were a factor in going with superconducting. The new AWS Center for Quantum Computing will be in Pasadena, California. One thing is for sure – as a quantum startup, AWS doesn’t have to worry about funding.
- IBM is still improving quantum volume as a measurement of the power of quantum computers. It recently published a research paper identifying three key attributes for quantum computing performance: quality, speed, and scale. Quality and scale are measured by quantum volume and number of qubits. Using an update to the quantum volume experiments, IBM proposes a speed benchmark that allows the measurement of Circuit Layer Operations Per Second (CLOPS). I am interested in seeing if companies other than IBM publish results.
Security (Will Townsend)
- Startup Dragos raised $200M in Series D funding, claiming that its latest funding round is an industrial cybersecurity firm record. Dragos aims to provide a platform that detects and responds to threats against industrial control systems (ICS). ICS facilitates the operation of critical infrastructure, including electrical grids and water processing and distribution. From my perspective, this sector is likely one of the most exposed given the historically fragmented nature of industrial connectivity and standardization.
Columns Published (Forbes, eWEEK, UPLOAD VR, and others)
- Oracle NetSuite In A Sweet Spot For Growing Businesses: The Scoop From SuiteWorld 2021, by Patrick Moorhead
- New VMware CTO Kit Colbert Steers The Company Towards SaaS, by Patrick Moorhead
- Micron, Kobayashi Maru And The Future Of The Data Center, by Patrick Moorhead
- Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger- ‘Developers, You’re The Center Of Value Creation’, by Patrick Moorhead
- Cisco Launches A Plethora Of New Hardware And Software At WebexOne 2021, by Patrick Moorhead
- Zoho One: Unification On Every Level And Why It Matters, by Patrick Moorhead
- Samsung Announces Bespoke Edition For The Galaxy Z Flip3 And Watch4 At The Galaxy Unpacked Event Part 2, by Patrick Moorhead
- HP Launches New Lineup Of Consumer Devices With A Focus On Camera Quality, by Patrick Moorhead
- Google Stresses Hybrid, Security, All-In Customers At Cloud Next ’21, by Patrick Moorhead
- Google Unveils The New Tensor SoC, The Heart Of The New Pixel 6 Line Of Phones, by Patrick Moorhead
- Dell’s ProSupport Suite for PCs Evolves With Today’s Modern Enterprise, by Patrick Moorhead
- Poly Studio P21 Is The New All-In-One Secondary Monitor That You Didn’t Know You Needed, by Zane Pickett
- Google Tensor SoC And Pixel 6 Benchmarks Show Google’s Intentions For Building Its Own SoC, by Anshel Sag
- Qualcomm And Mixed Reality: The Next Step In The Evolution Of XR? By Anshel Sag
- HP Chromebase All-In-One 21.5 Inch Desktop Turns To Disrupt The Market, by Zane Pickett
- Color Collab Review With Foundry IV, CEO, Tobias Sherman And ‘Ink Master’ Partner, Chris Nunez, by Zane Pickett
- Keeping An “AI” On Fintech: AI-Based Use Cases Poised To Take Financial Services To The Next Level, by Melody Brue
- Aruba Aims To Revolutionize Switching Through Distributed Services, by Will Townsend
Blogs Published (MI&S)
- How Has Lattice Semiconductor CEO Jim Anderson Performed In The First Three Years? By Patrick Moorhead
- You May Not Like Intel’s ‘Apple Spell’ Video But It’s A Valid Conversation We Should Have, by Patrick Moorhead
- Marvell’s Growth And Strategy On Display At Investor Day, by Patrick Moorhead
- Vanguard- Reimagining The Retirement Experience, Again, by Patrick Moorhead
- Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Review, by Patrick Moorhead
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Insiders Smartphone Review, by Patrick Moorhead
- Amazon Announces New Product Categories, Improvements, And Updates At Devices Event, by Patrick Moorhead
- Jim Whitehurst Joins Board Of Digital Product Optimization Company Amplitude, by Patrick Moorhead
- Amazon Connect Makes Two New Quick And Efficient Capabilities Generally Available For Call Centers, by Patrick Moorhead
- Western Digital’s Journey To Build Business Resiliency Through Cloud And ERP Transformation, by Patrick Moorhead
- Microsoft Announces New Surface Devices Including The Powerful Surface Laptop Studio, by Patrick Moorhead
- Amazon Climate Pledge: Two Years In And Going Strong, by Patrick Moorhead
- IBM’s Multi-Cloud Strategy Backed By New Storage Capabilities, by Steve McDowell
- Cambridge Quantum Makes Quantum Natural Language Processing A Reality, by Paul Smith-Goodson
- Create And Scale Complex Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Pipelines Anywhere With IBM CodeFlare, by Paul Smith-Goodson
- Microsoft, Qualcomm And Valve Turbo Charge Wi-Fi Gaming With Dual Station For Windows 11, by Anshel Sag
- Qualcomm’s Quest To Make Cities Smarter, by Will Townsend
- Pure Storage Continues To Simplify Data Management, by Steve McDowell
- Oracle’s New Exadata X9M Looks Disruptive, by Steve McDowell
- Living Security Aims To Deliver Human Security Risk Management, by Will Townsend
- TRIPP Brings Zen To AR With Nreal And 5G, by Anshel Sag
- IonQ Unveils The Power Of Its Next-Generation Quantum Computer Along With Quantum Finance Announcements, by Paul Smith-Goodson
- RESEARCH PAPER: Transforming Database Operations With Nutanix And HPE, by Matt Kimball
- RESEARCH PAPER: Deploying Multi-Cloud With Nutanix And Lenovo ThinkAgile HX, by Steve McDowell
The G2 on 5G by Moor Insights & Strategy, with Anshel Sag and Will Townsend
- The G2 on 5G Podcast – Episode 73 – October 29, 2021
- Movandi makes 5G mmWaves at MWCLA 2021 with a handful of announcements
- Samsung announces two new Massive MIMO Dual-Band radios at MWCLA2021
- IBM speaks to 5G industrial applications at MWCLA 2021
- 3.45 GHz Auction is now at $21 billion
- Nokia Q3 earnings – have they turned the 5G ship around?
- AT&T Partners with Ford to bring 5G and MEC to Ford’s New EV Factory
- The G2 on 5G Podcast – Episode 72 – October 22, 2021
- Deutsche Telekom and Ericsson claim the first end-to-end 5G network slicing with on-demand QoS control- what’s the impact on enterprise use cases?
- Google Pixel 6 Event, Band Support and Carrier Promos, T-Mobile out of the gate with the most aggressive.
- ZTE is ringing the 5G profitability bell – what’s fueling their success?
- New Qualcomm UltraBAW RF Filter for Wi-Fi and 5G, can it fix some of CBAND’s interference issues?
- AT&T Q3 earnings insights
- 3.45 GHz 5G Auction Passes $14.77 Billion reserve price threshold
- The G2 on 5G Podcast – Episode 71 – October 15, 2021
- Dell Technologies Summit telecom announcements and recent Open RAN wins – is Dell finally moving the needle on 5G?
- Softbank and KDDI tap Nokia for shared 5G network build
- Qualcomm, Verizon, and Samsung achieve 711 Mbps upload speed on 5G mmWave
- AT&T and Ericsson team up to deploy 5G SA on C-band spectrum assets – how quickly will it happen?
- Orange and Nokia team on refurbished network gear.
- Open Signal Reports T-Mobile is extending its lead in 5G with speeds and coverage
- The G2 on 5G Podcast – Episode 70 – October 8, 2021
- Ericsson and Nokia miss out on China Mobile 5G tender – is it surprising?
- Movandi 5G mmWave Repeaters Hit 2.7 Gbps in a moving vehicle demonstration while successfully streaming HD video over Blue Jeans, Zoom, and Webex.
- Ericsson announces POC use of lasers with PowerLight to wireless power 5G base stations – gimmick or game-changer?
- Dish details 5G network, calls Ericsson and Nokia Scandinavian Mafia
- Google to invest $1B in Africa over the next five years – can it help bridge the continent’s digital divide, and will 5G play a role?
- 3.45 GHz Auction Kicks Off, already to a big start.
DataCentric Podcast by Moor Insights & Strategy, with Matt Kimball and Steve McDowell
- Overcoming the Challenges of Multi-Cloud with HCI
- Matt Kimball and Steve McDowell talk to Nutanix’s Rakesh Sreekanth and Lenovo’s Ritu Jain about how HCI can be a great way to address these challenges.
- Nutanix brings a unified range of solutions, spanning basic HCI all the way to full multi-cloud management solutions that tie together on-prem and cloud.
- Lenovo is one of the fastest-growing companies in enterprise infrastructure and delivers Nutanix solutions as part of its Lenovo ThinkAgile HX series. Together, these companies deliver complete HCI solutions for the modern enterprise.
The Six-Five Podcast by Moor Insights & Strategy and Futurum Research, with Patrick Moorhead and Daniel Newman
- Special Six Five F1 US GP Edition: McLaren & Red Bull Racing Leveraging Splunk & Oracle Technologies
- INSIDER chatting Innovation For AI Driven Analytics With Steve Miranda and TK Anand
- Big Disruptions Require Big Change
- Competition and Oracle’s Approach to Stand Out?
- Accelerating Faster Than the Rate of Change
- Updating with Purpose – Boosting AI and Analytics
- Tying Together Apps and Data Management
- What to Expect – Oracle’s November Event
- Ep99: Earnings, Investments, and Updates Galore: Intel, IBM, Honeywell, Zoho, SAP, Micron
- Intel Delivers Mixed Q3 Results $INTC
- IBM Growth Pause as Kydryl Exit Imminent $IBM
- Zoho Announces Updates to its One Platform
- SAP’s Encouraging Cloud Growth
- Honeywell Sees Revenues Jump 9% $HON
- Micron Commits to $150B Fab Investments
- LIVE at #SuiteWorld with Oracle NetSuite’s Evan Goldberg and Jason Maynard – Six Five Insider
- Introductions & Background
- SuiteBanking Announcement- Automation
- Analytics Warehouse Announcement- Insight
- Ep98: Dell Tech, Google Cloud, Cambridge Quantum, Movandi, Deviceapalooza, ServiceNow
- Google Cloud Next
- Dell Technologies Summit
- Cambridge Honeywell NLP
- Movandi mmWave Automotive Test
- ServiceNow Rolls Out ESG Solution
- Next week’s Deviceapalooza: Samsung, Apple, Google
- Ep97: Welcome to ATX, Elon, Qualcomm, Marvell & IBM Investor Days, Micron, Intel Dispels Apple Myth
- Tesla Moves HQ to Austin
- Marvell Investor Day
- Qualcomm wins GM Ultra Cruise + Veoneer Update
- IBM Investor Day
- Micron Datacenter of the Future/ 7400 SSD Event
- Intel Dispels the “Apple Spell”
Moor Insights & Strategy Podcast
- #FinTech Friday Ep7: Facebook’s Crypto Play, PayPal is Pinterested, acronym of the week #ETF
- An INSIDER with Frank Azor, AMD’s Chief Architect of Gaming Solutions and Marketing
- Tech analyst Patrick Moorhead talks with Frank Azor, AMD’s Chief Architect of Gaming Solutions and Marketing on FSR, AMD Advantage, and the Radeon RX 6600 launch. This is a Moor Insights & Strategy INSIDER podcast.
- AMD / Siliconangle https://siliconangle.com/2021/10/26/amd-beats-expectations-q3-strong-data-center-chip-sales/
- AMD / Box.co https://www.box.co.uk/productmodule/flixmedia?m=ASUS&mc=FA706IH-HX150T
- Amazon / Androidcentral https://www.androidcentral.com/halo-view-amazon-privacy-tone (Anshel Sag)
- Apple / Beebom https://beebom.com/apple-a15-bionic-scores-better-than-google-tensor-chip-ml-benchmark/(Anshel Sag)
- Apple / CNET https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/apples-m1-pro-and-m1-max-chips-mean-new-trouble-for-intel/
- Apple / Livemint https://www.livemint.com/technology/gadgets/apples-october-event-expect-new-macbook-pro-and-airpods-11634568262896.html
- Apple / Eminetra https://eminetra.com/apples-october-event-expecting-the-new-macbook-pro-and-airpods/794353/
- Apple / Tweaktown https://www.tweaktown.com/news/82257/compatibility-may-hold-back-apples-monstrous-m1-max-soc-from-gaming/index.html
- Apple / Wired https://www.wired.com/story/apples-new-macbook-pro-chips-flex-power-custom-silicon/
- Apple / The Washington Post https://www.wsj.com/articles/apples-october-event-expect-new-macbook-pro-and-airpods-11634566798
- Apple / Techradar https://www.techradar.com/features/what-do-10-million-fewer-iphone-13-shipments-mean (Anshel Sag)
- Aruba / SDXCentral https://www.sdxcentral.com/articles/news/aruba-drops-dpu-accelerated-switches-pushes-zero-trust-to-edge/2021/10/ (Will Townsend)
- Dell / Manilastandard https://manilastandard.net/mobile/article/368191
- Edge / Reseller https://www.reseller.co.nz/article/692018/5-potential-pitfalls-edge-computing/ (Matt Kimball)
- Edge / Floridanewstimes https://floridanewstimes.com/edge-computing-5-potential-pit-pits/357531/ (Matt Kimball)
- Facebook / Seekingalpha https://seekingalpha.com/article/4461744-facebook-investors-worried-apple-ios-update-remain-bullish-fb-stock
- Google, Cloud / FierceTelecom https://www.fiercetelecom.com/platforms/google-cloud-revenue-jumps-45-but-profit-still-elusive
- Google / AndroidCentral https://www.androidcentral.com/android-12s-sloppy-rollout-explained-how-pixel-fell-behind (Anshel Sag)
- Google / Androidcentral https://www.androidcentral.com/snapchat-google-partnership-tiktok-facebook(Anshel Sag)
- Google, Snapchat / https://www.phoneworld.com.pk/googles-partnership-with-snapchat-will-boost-pixel-6-sales-experts/ (Anshel Sag)
- Google / Androidcentral https://www.androidcentral.com/pixel-6-pricing-strategy-apple-google-samsung(Anshel Sag)
- Google / Fiercewireless https://www.fiercewireless.com/devices/google-pixel-6-debuts-alongside-carrier-promotions (Anshel Sag)
- HP / Marketwatch https://www.marketwatch.com/story/hp-ceo-pc-shipments-will-be-hampered-by-supply-chain-issues-into-next-year-11634756767
- IBM / Siliconangle https://siliconangle.com/2021/10/28/ibm-spectrum-storage-announcement-raises-the-curtain-on-companys-broader-long-term-strategy-ibmstorage/ (Steve McDowell)
- Metaverse / Adweek https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/metaverse-marketing-podcast-entertainment-at-the-core/amp/ (Anshel Sag)
- Micron, Datacenter / HPCWire https://www.hpcwire.com/2021/10/06/micron-launches-7400-family-of-datacenter-ssds/
- Micron, Datacenter / Tomshardware https://www.tomshw.it/hardware/micron-7400-lssd-che-offre-prestazioni-pcie-4-0-ai-data-center/
- Micron / Marketwatch https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/micronr-7400-ssd-with-nvmetm-delivers-pcie-gen4-performance-for-data-centers-2021-10-06?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts&tesla=y
- Netapp / Siliconangle https://siliconangle.com/2021/10/04/netapp-buys-cloudcheckr-expand-cloud-cost-control-ambitions/ (Will Townsend)
- Netapp / Techtarget https://searchstorage.techtarget.com/news/252508535/NetApp-CloudOps-platform-to-add-security-CloudCheckr (Steve McDowell)
- Netapp / Techtarget https://searchstorage.techtarget.com/news/252508455/NetApp-adds-persistent-Kubernetes-storage-with-Astra-Data-Store
- NVIDIA / HPCWire https://www.hpcwire.com/2021/10/28/nvidia-arm-deal-hits-european-hurdle/
- NVIDIA, ARM / EnterpriseAI https://www.enterpriseai.news/2021/10/28/nvidia-arm-deal-coming-under-deeper-scrutiny-by-the-european-commission/
- Pure Storage, Pure Fusion / Channelfutures https://www.channelfutures.com/data-centers/pure-storage-moves-beyond-flash-with-pure-fusion-portworks-data-services (Steve McDowell)
- Pure Storage / Thenewstack.io https://thenewstack.io/pure-storage-delivers-storage-as-code-model-data-services/ (Steve McDowell)
- Qualcomm / GlobalCirculate https://globalcirculate.com/qualcomms-quest-to-make-cities-smarter/ (Anshel Sag)
- Rakuten Symphony / SDXCentral https://www.sdxcentral.com/articles/news/rakuten-symphony-slices-semi-autonomous-path/2021/10/(Will Townsend)
- T-Mobile / FierceWireless https://www.fiercewireless.com/operators/t-mobile-offers-1k-for-devices-from-rivals (Anshel Sag)
- Samsung / Androidcentral https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-bespoke-flip-3-google-apple (Anshel Sag)
- Samsung / Bollyinside https://www.bollyinside.com/news/samsungs-unpacked-2-may-be-a-press-release-despite-having-nothing-to-lose (Anshel Sag)
- Valve, Windows / PCGamesn https://www.pcgamesn.com/windows-11/valve-wi-fi-dual-station
- Verizon / Lightreading https://www.lightreading.com/bridging-gap-for-women-in-it/v/d-id/772578 (Will Townsend)
- VMware https://www.fiercetelecom.com/platforms/vmware-zeroes-multi-cloud-security-capabilities-at-vmworld-2021
New Gear or Software We are Using and Testing that is Public Knowledge
- AMD RX 6600XT
- Apple iPhone 13 mini
- Dell UltraSharp Webcam 4K, XPS 17
- HP Reverb G2 Omnicept
- Intel Alder Lake
- Samsung Galaxy buds 2, Galaxy Watch 4, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, and the Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Galaxy Watch4 Classic 46mm
- Surface Duo 2, Surface Laptop Studio
- TCL 20 Pro 5G
- Xilinx Kria KV260 Vision AI Kit
Events MI&S Plans on Attending In-Person or Virtually (New)
- MVNO World Berlin – November 2-3 (in person) (Will Townsend)
- Oracle LIVE, November 2 (Patrick Moorhead)
- The Most Powerful Women in Banking (virtual), Nov 3-5 (Melody Brue)
- Microsoft Ignite, November 4, (Patrick Moorhead, Matt Kimball)
- NVIDIA GTC, Nov 8-11 (Patrick Moorhead, Paul Smith-Goodson)
- VentureBeat’s GamesBeat Summit Next (virtual) (Melody Brue) November 9-10
- AWE USA 2021 – Santa Clara – Nov 9-11 (Anshel Sag)
- Processor vendor analyst council, November 11 (Patrick Moorhead)
- SAP TechEd, November 15 (Patrick Moorhead)
- Nokia GAF – November 15-18 (Will Townsend)
- Lenovo Advisory Council, November 16-18 (Patrick Moorhead)
- Qualcomm Investor Day, November 16 (Patrick Moorhead)
- IBM Quantum Summit, November 16 (Patrick Moorhead, Paul Smith-Goodson)
- Red Hat Analyst Dat, November 18 (Matt Kimball)
- 5G Techritory Latvia – November 22-25 (Will Townsend)
- AWS re:Invent – November 29-December 5 (Melody Brue, Patrick Moorhead, Will Townsend)
- Snapdragon Tech Summit, Nov 30-Dec 2, Hawaii (Patrick Moorhead, Anshel Sag)
- Marvell industry analyst day, December 7 (Patrick Moorhead)
- Processor vendor analyst council, Dec 17 (Patrick Moorhead)
- CES 2022, Jan 5-7, Las Vegas (Anshel Sag, Patrick Moorhead)
- Sign up here to get specific AI/ML, Datacenter, Cloud Services, Client Computing, IIoT, Semiconductor content.
Analysts, Analysts In-Residence, Contributors
- Patrick Moorhead, Founder, CEO, Chief Analyst; Broad technology coverage plus deep insights into Cloud & SaaS, Personal Computing, Semiconductors, Automotive
- Bill Curtis, Analyst In-Residence, IIoT, and Deep IoT Technology
- Matt Kimball, Principal Analyst, Datacenter Servers, CI, and HCI
- Melody Brue, Principal Analyst, Financial Tech
- Steve McDowell, Principal Analyst, Datacenter Storage, and Storage Technologies
- Anshel Sag, Principal Analyst; V.R., P.C. Gaming, Mobile Platforms
- Paul Smith-Goodson, Principal Analyst; Machine Learning, A.I. and Quantum Computing
- Will Townsend, Principal Analyst; Security, Carrier Services, Networking
- Chris Wilder, Contributor, Security
- OPEN, Smart Home
- Dan Pickens, Business Director
- Paula Moorhead, Marketing Director, Website, and Social Media
- Walker Pickens, Media Relations, and Writer
- Zane Pickett, Office Manager, AP., AR, travel, writer
- Lee LeClercq Williams, Business Associate
- Jacob Freyman, Writer, and Researcher