- VR, AR glasses and 360: Create the next new ad platform just as “mobile” was to “desktop” to serve ads in and build rich profiles. Also, attract users with fun filters to keep them on your platform and connected so you can build profiles and serve ads.
- Low-speed wireless: Get the next billion people hooked on Facebook services who don’t have internet today.
- High-speed wireless: Improve the untethered VR/AR/360 ad platform and position the company to cut out ISPs in case net neutrality gets out of hand.
- Artificial Intelligence: With just the consumer’s pictures, audio and video, derive important context to build better ad profiles and serve you more relevant ads. Add this data to all other forms of data and you have Gigantic Data, which can only be made sense of and actionable with AI. Again, to serve you better ads. Oh, and as we saw in Day 1 with the camera as the next AR platform, AI helps to improve video and photo filter-based AR so you stay longer on Facebook and don’t head to Snapchat. Finally, Caffe2 gets outsourced so it’s higher quality as improvements are made to it so Facebook doesn’t have to shoulder all the R&D.
- Brain control interface: If we can start communicating and building community with our brains skipping the keyboard and mouse, it’s important Facebook is out there up-front as it can't be late as they were with mobile..
© 2024 Moor Insights & Strategy. All Rights Reserved.